Reflection: Seventh Grade

When I first arrived in August, I expected to have a fun and easy school year. After all, that’s what all of my school years have been like and I heard many people say that seventh grade was the best year of middle school. But I soon realized that this was the year when school is going to be challenging when I walked out of first period without the same cheerful feeling as usual. By October my life was filled with problems like Region Auditions for Orchestra and keeping up with my math grades. Eventually I figured out that seventh grade will become easier over time. My grades were gradually getting better as the year progressed. My science grade went up by 6 points and I was doing well in English too. In seventh grade, I learned:

• School will not be easy forever. You are bound to be challenged.
  • Whatever you’re teachers told you to prepare for next year, like to work harder on your Writer’s Notebook, they’re not lying, so prepare for it.
  • Always be organized with your work, or else you might get bad grades.
  • As the year comes to a close, I hope to learn from all of my flaws in seventh grade and prepare to perfect them in eighth grade. If I had to do it over again, I would definitely work harder and study more for tests. I don’t always get a 100. My advice for next year’s seventh graders: Be prepared.